Simplifi’s unique failover solution means you’ll always be online.
Configure Simplifi Connect to meet your needs
Simplifi’s unique failover solution means you’ll always be online. Simplifi allows you to back-up your existing network in 3 ways: as your primary router with back-up, to provide back-up when you have a router or extender, and enterprise failover.
WiFi Router with Cellular Backup
To set up Simplifi as your main wireless router with built-in, cellular backup for your existing Internet service:
- First simply plug the USB end of the provided Simplifi Dongle into your Simplifi USB port.
- Using an additional Ethernet cable, plug one end into the Simplifi Dongle and connect it to the LAN outport on your existing modem.
If your LAN goes down, Simplifi will use cellular data to maintain your connection.
Extended WiFi Router with Cellular Backup
To set up Simplifi as network back-up with an extender or another router:
- Plug the USB end of the provided Simplifi USB to the dongle into your Simplifi USB port.
- Connect the LAN OUT from your Internet router to the Ethernet jack in the Simplifi USB dongle.
- Connect a 2nd Ethernet cable from Simplifi’s LAN OUT port to your WiFI extender or wireless router’s LAN IN port.
If your LAN connection goes down, Simplifi’s cellular data will provide internet access.
Each instance of Enterprise Failover is unique and you should consult your network administrator before installing. Enterprise failover applications could include installing Simplifi on a Firewall in a network, PBX or VOIP failover situation. By connecting a Ethernet cable directly to the LAN out port on Simplifi to the inbound WAN port on your firewall and configured accordingly for in/out- bound access in the event the mainline internet goes down, you are insuring your continued connection to the internet. By adding a Static IP Assigned SIM card, you can add another level of security to this environment as well; however, each of these functions are best served with your IT or network administrator’s help.